Sunday 26 June 2011

Hydraulics is Business

Some of the comments I read are to me like a fashion show. Great entertainment, interesting and above all, fun. But not something I would want to wear myself. Sometimes we stray away in our daydreams to the place of fantasy (not a bad thing). But speaking only for myself, I am in business and the bottom line for me is “can I make a profit”
Now I can hear many members yawning or crying Luddite! but I am sorry chaps but that is the end game for me however I am not sure I would be able to earn my money in any other more interesting way.
During my career I have worked for some very high profile hydraulic companies and been involved in R&D on important military projects. At one time I was the least qualified in an office of 10-12 everyone bar me had a PhD and the maths were eyewatering! These were engineers that became good friends and whom I had the highest respect for. But even they at times got it wrong and when they did they got it wrong big time!
When I started to work for myself I stuck to simple KISS. The bigger the system the simpler I made it. The more complicated the system I would let someone else take the glory. Getting it wrong costs me hard earned cash! and I am not in it for the academic journey.
I apologise if I have upset anyone with my simple and basic way of business and it might seem very boring to others and over nearly 50 years I am still learning the basics and still loads to learn about but for those more adventurous, Bon voyage.

www.hydraulicbrain.com

No comments:

Post a Comment